Accessibility adapted buses
All buses must be equipped with audio-visual announcements, a ramp/lift and wheelchair space.
- Automatic stop announcements containing information about the next stop.
- Internal information displays containing information about the next stop.
- There are lifts or ramps on vehicles for use by passengers with wheelchairs.
- You will be given help with the lift/ramp unless the traffic situation dictates otherwise.
- Wheelchair users are responsible for attracting the driver’s attention when getting on/off if the ramp/lift is not used.
Wheelchairs and wheelchair space
- Manual and electric wheelchairs, but not electric scooters (electric wheelchairs with handlebars), can be carried on buses.
- Vehicles with designated wheelchair space have a sign at the entrance door and on board.
- The dimensions of the wheelchair, rollator or other similar technical aid, must not exceed 70 cm wide and 120 cm long, and the combined weight of wheelchair and passenger must not exceed 300 kg.
- If required, transport staff will provide help to strap in your wheelchair and take payment for your journey.
- You must use any fastening devices provided for the whole of your journey.
- Where the wheelchair space does not have a fastening device, the wheelchair must be turned so that it faces the rear of the vehicle.
- In vehicles that do not have special wheelchair spaces, you must not travel in your wheelchair and must instead use an ordinary seat. The empty wheelchair must be stored in the space indicated facing the rear of the vehicle and with the brake applied.