How we work to make sustainable travel attractive
We work to make it easier for people to try new ways of travelling that means they don't have to use their car as much as they usually do. In addition to offering attractive public transport it can be about, for example, combining bicycle and public transport or making it easier for bicycles as travel options.
We spread knowledge about sustainable travel
- We support municipalities and organizations in their work with sustainable travel.
- We work to influence decision-makers on social issues at municipal, regional and national level.
- We offer municipalities in West Sweden participation in projects that are coordinated regionally and implemented locally.
- We offer municipalities in West Sweden participation in a network for sustainable travel. The network meets for knowledge building and exchange of experiences five times a year.
Current projects for increased sustainable travel
- Winter cyclist: Projects to increase cycling in the winter. Participants are supported with studded tyres.
- Test cyclist: Participants try to commute by electric bike or folding bike to work in the Projects BussOhoj and E-cyclist.
- På egna ben: Challenge for children in grades 4-6 which is about getting to school by cycling, walking or public transport.
- Bike-friendly workplace: Projects and competitions for employers that aim to create a bike-friendly workplace.
- A pure habit: Initiatives that support companies to help their employees travel more sustainably to and from work and in the service.
Part of the regional transport supply programme
The Västra Götaland region has four target documents that set goals and describe the direction to fulfill the common vision: The good life. Our work is part of implementing and meeting the objectives of the regional traffic supply programme.