With the Flerkommun + period ticket, you can travel in most of the municipalities of Västra Götaland, except for those around Gothenburg. You can also travel in several zones outside Västra Götaland.
Youth: From your 7th birthday until your 20th birthday.
Student: Students over the age of 20 pay the youth price. You must be able to show personal identification and student identification during your journey.
|30 days||1520 SEK|
|30 days||1140 SEK|
|90 days||4105 SEK|
|90 days||3080 SEK|
|365 days||15200 SEK|
Where the ticket is valid
Zones: All zones in Västra Götaland county and on some lines to Halden, Töcksfors, Årjäng, Säffle, Kristinehamn, Örebro, Kumla, Hallsberg, Laxå, Mullsjö, Habo, Jönköping, Huskvarna, Nässjö, Värnamo and Gislaved. Not valid in Ale södra, Göteborg, Härryda väst, Kungsbacka, Kungälv tätort, Lerum, Mölndal, Partille and Öckerö.
Where the ticket is valid
Buying and paying for period tickets
You can buy period tickets at Västtrafik ticket offices, at Västtrafik’s points of sale and as mobile tickets in the Västtrafik To Go app. In some areas, period tickets are also sold on board vehicles. Period tickets that are not purchased using the Västtrafik To Go app must be loaded onto a Västtrafikkort.
Activating a period ticket
A period ticket on a Västtrafikkort is activated when you make your first journey with it. You can also choose a specific activation date when you buy your period ticket. The ticket must be activated within 180 days of purchase, otherwise it will become invalid. For period tickets in the Västtrafik To Go app, you select the activation date, which must be within the next 30 days, at the time of purchase.
If you top up your card with more than one period ticket at the same time, it is important to remember that each period ticket is subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time it is activated. For example, if you buy youth tickets just before your 20th birthday but do not activate them until after your 20th birthday, you will need to buy a supplement in order for the tickets to be valid for an adult.
Exchanges and refunds of period tickets
You can exchange a period ticket for any other ticket product within 180 days of purchase if it has not yet been activated. If you have already activated the period ticket, you can exchange it for another ticket product within 24 hours of activation. This does not apply to Chalmers top-ups.
A period ticket can be refunded if Västtrafik changes the transport services available. In this case, the services available must have changed more than could reasonably have been expected at the time of purchase. The change must also have a major impact on you. In such cases the value remaining at the time of the refund will be refunded.
Period ticket validity
You can see the validity period of your period ticket and the zone or zones for which it is valid on the receipt, at a card reader or on a validity receipt.
- SJ trains in 2nd class (excluding high-speed trains, night trains and InterCity trains) on the routes Uddevalla-Trollhättan, Trollhättan-Säffle, Alingsås-Falköping-Töreboda-Örebro and Borås-Värnamo.
- SJ High-Speed trains in 2nd class on the route Strömstad-Uddevalla.
- Tågab trains in 2nd class on the routes Alingsås-Falköping-Töreboda-Örebro and Trollhättan-Öxnered-Säffle.
- NSB trains in 2nd class on the route Trollhättan-Halden. This card is not valid as part payment for onward travel on NSB services
- Krösatåg trains on the route Jönköping-Huskvarna
- Västtågen (Kinnekulletåget train) on the route Alingsås-Herrljunga-Vara-Lidköping-Mariestad-Laxå-Hallsberg-Örebro.
- Västtågen trains on the route Töreboda-Skövde-Falköping-Jönköping-Nässjö. Also valid for onward travel within the arrival zone
- Västtågen trains on the route Alingsås-Herrljunga-Falköping-Jönköping-Nässjö. Also valid for onward travel within the arrival zone.
- Västtågen trains on the route Trollhättan-Säffle.
- Line 111 on the route Strömstad-Svinesund-Halden.
- Line 200 (Jönköpings Länstrafik) on the route Borås-Ulricehamn-Jönköping. Also valid for onward travel within the arrival zone.
- Line 308 on the route Tidaholm-Mullsjö. Also valid for onward travel within the arrival zone
- Line 406 on the route Hjo-Brandstorp-Fagerhult. Also valid for onward travel within the arrival zone.
- Line 406 on the route Hjo-Brandstorp-Fagerhult. Also valid for onward travel within the arrival zone
- Line 505 (Värmlandstrafik) on the route Gullspång-Nybble-Kristinehamn.
- Line 510 (Jönköpings Länstrafik) on the route Tranemo-Gislaved-Värnamo. Also valid for onward travel within the arrival zone.
- Line 700 (Värmlandstrafik) on the route Årjäng-Töcksfors.
- Line 755 on the route Bengtsfors-Gustavsfors-Årjäng• Line 774 on the route Bengtsfors-Åmål-Säffle• Line 800 (Värmlandstrafik) on the route Åmål-Säffle.
- Line 774 on the route Bengtsfors-Åmål-Säffle
- Line 800 (Värmlandstrafik) on the route Åmål-Säffle
- DVVJ railbus on the route Bengtsfors-Mellerud
Validity receipt instead of card reader
There are no card readers on these lines. You must carry the validity receipt for the ticket with you to show that it is valid. You can obtain a validity receipt from a driver or from our ticket offices and sales points.
If you lose your ticket, you can get back any value remaining on it. All you need to do is register your ticket with us first.
If you have a ticket on a Västtrafikkort
- Become a member at My Pages.
- Register your card.
- If you lose your card, log on to My Pages and block it. A new card will then be sent to your home address.
If you have a ticket in the Västtrafik To Go app
- Become a member at My Pages or create an account in the Västtrafik To Go app.
- The period ticket you have bought in the app is registered when you log in to the app.
- Log in to the app from your new phone if you lose your old one. Your ticket will move to your new phone and no longer be available on your old phone.
If you are over the age of 20 and have an adult period ticket, three people under 20 can travel with you for free. Great for those travelling together!
How the offer works
- The offer is valid for period tickets and 24-hour and 72-hour tickets for adults and those with a Senior citizen card.
- It is valid on Västtrafik’s trains, buses, trams and ferries within Västtrafik’s operating area (Västra Götaland region and Kungsbacka municipality).
- It is valid on Öresundståg trains between Gothenburg and Åsa.