Companion service - help at stations
- A uniformed companion (ex taxi driver) will meet you at the bus, boat, tram, train or meeting place and follow you to your connection for further travel.
- Companion service is free of charge.
- The companion can help you with 2 bags that together weigh a maximum of 20 kg.
- The Companion never boards the vehicle and meets you outside.
Travel Assistance Card
If you are entitled for Färdtjänst in Västra Götaland, you can bring a friend/companion to help you with your journey. In order to do this, you need to apply for a travel assistance card. The card costs nothing and applies to travel within the Västra Götaland region and Kungsbacka.
How traveling with a travel assistance card works
- You pay for your trip with a period ticket, pay-as-you-go-card or single ticket.
- You lend the travel assistance card to the person travelling with you. The person will then travel free of charge with the travel assistance card.
- Show the travel assistance card to the card reader when you board.
- The travel assistance card only applies in combination with another ticket.
- When travelling on vehicles that do not have a card reader, you will need a validity certificate showing what is on the card. You can obtain a certificate of validity in our stores or at our agents.
- The travel assistance card is valid throughout the Västra Götaland region.
- The travel assistance card is personal. Your name is printed on the card. Also bring id with you on the trip.
- The travel assistance card is valid for two years.
To obtain a travel assistance card, you must:
- That you are entitled for Fätdtjänst in one of the municipalities within Västra Götaland.
- That you will be registered as a customer of Västtrafk.
- That you agree to Västtrafk's handling of personal data.