How tap payment works
When you pay by tapping, you buy an adult ticket for zone A. The ticket is valid for 90 minutes and costs SEK 35. You can tap to pay on all buses, trams and boats in zone A that have card readers with the contactless symbol.
- Your payment card needs to be valid and there must be enough money in your account to be able to pay for the trip.
- You can tap on trams and boats, as well as buses that mainly run within zone A. Search your trip in our travel planner to see if you can tap.
- You can't tap on Västtågen, but if you have tapped you can switch to Västtågen and travel further within zone A. You have to switch to trains within the ticket's 90 minute validity.
- You can only buy one ticket per payment card.
- Remember to take your card out of your wallet when you are going to tap it, so you will know that you are tapping the right card.
- It is possible to tap with payment cards from Visa and MasterCard with a contactless payment function. You can tap with your card if the contactless payment symbol is printed on the card:
- It is also possible to pay with a payment card in mobile devices through Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay, as long as it is linked to a Visa or MasterCard payment card.
Tap the same card the entire trip
Mobile payment cards count as a separate card from its physical counterpart. Therefore, always tap with the same physical or digital card when changing vehicles during a trip, and you will pay the correct price.
How to tap your payment card
- To tap, hold your card against a card reader when you get on. Hold the card against the contactless payment symbol at the bottom of the reader.
- When changing, hold up the card for a card reader on the new vehicle.
- If you're traveling with company, you need one payment card per traveler. You can buy additional tickets in our app Västtrafik To Go.
- If you are going to travel into zone B, you need to buy a ticket in another way.
Confirmation that you have tapped
- If the tap is approved, the card reader displays a check mark with a green background and a beep is heard.
- If the tap is not approved, the card reader displays a cross with a red background and an error message. If you are unable to buy a ticket, you need to get off the vehicle and buy a ticket in another way before you can travel.