The purpose of security cameras
- Increase security for travelers and staff
- Preventing and investigating accidents
- Detecting and securing evidence of vandalism
- Be able to assist the police with imagery in investigations of crimes
- Contribute imagery in safety and accident investigations
The law applies if the camera surveillance concerns permanent, regular or repeated personal surveillance if the camera is not operated from the scene.
This means that there are requirements for information about the surveillance, who performs it and where to get more information about the processing and the individual's rights.
In public transport in the Västra Götaland region, Västtrafik AB is the data controller for camera surveillance. At travel centres and stores, Västtrafik is independently responsible for handling. On board vehicles, the respective carrier handles the handling of recorded material.
In public transport in the Västra Götaland region, staff can be equipped with body-worn cameras for image and sound recording.
See further under the respective mode of transport/transport company and function.