How to travel with Local Services
- You can travel from any address to any of the municipality's local service stops or vice versa. However the address must be in the green area on the map of local services.
- Please decide within what time interval you want to travel in.
- Order your local services by phone at least one hour before the time interval begins. At the time of ordering you will get a precise departure time.
- Be ready to leave at the departure time you are given.
- Sometimes you share rides with other travellers. This means that the travel time can be a bit longer.
Tickets and prices
In Local services (Närtrafik), you can travel with the same tickets as you can use on Västtrafik's regular public transport, except for pay-as-you-go. The ticket must be valid for the zone in which your journey takes place. Children under 7 years travel for free when accompanied by a guardian.
Season ticket and day ticket
You can travel with season tickets and day tickets in the Västtrafik To Go app, or on a Västtrafik card if you have the ticket's validity certificate with you. Certificates of validity are available from our agents and stores. You can also travel on day tickets as paper tickets.
You can travel with a school card during their validity period. The validity period is printed on the card.
You can travel with your senior ticket if you have the ticket's validity certificate with you. Certificates of validity are available from our agents and stores. Senior tickets are valid at all intervals in commuter traffic, even if your senior ticket is only valid during off-peak hours in other public transport.
Buy single tickets in the Västtrafik To Go app or from the driver. If you buy the single ticket in the app, you can continue with the same ticket if you change to another vehicle. If you buy the ticket from the driver, you cannot travel on the same ticket if you change to another vehicle.
If you plan to change and travel on to another zone, your single ticket needs to be valid for all the zones you intend to travel in.